Welcome to Mountain View Neighborhood Association!
Mission Statement: On behalf of our membership, our goal is to be organized for educational, social and charitable purposes; maintain an open line of communication between MVNA members and City management/staff; and maintain, protect and enhance our neighborhood's livability and sense of community.
The Mountain View Neighborhood Association (MVNA) is made up of many types of housing: single and multi-family subdivisions as well as apartments and condo complexes; assisted living and retirement homes.
The Forum shopping area and many commercial buildings occupy the area at the intersection of Highway 20 and 27th street.
St. Charles Medical Center - Bend and many other medical facilities are located in the Medical District Overlay Zone, a specially zoned area within the MVNA boundaries.
A partial list of subdivisions within MVNA is as follows: Aspen Glen, Breckenridge, Burning Tree, Canyon Park, Eagle Nest, Eastwinds, Eastbrook Estates, Glacier Ridge, High Pointe, Higher Ground, Hunters Highland, Mirada, Morea, Monticello Estates, Mountain Peaks, Mountain View Park, Oaktree, Oakview Estates, The Pines at Pilot Butte, Providence, Sandalwood, Snowberry Village, Stonebrook, SunPointe, Tamarack Park, Williamson, The Willows, Winchester, Woodcrest.
Schools located in the MVNA boundaries: Mountain View High School, Ensworth Elementary.
Parks in our association area: Al Moody Park, Stover Park, Mountain View Park, Providence Park.
Councilor Office Hours: Your Opportunity to connect with your City representatives!
The second Wednesday and Thursday of each month, one or two Councilors will be available from 5:30 p.m - 6:30 p.m. at rotating locations. The east side locations are typically at the East Bend Library or Barnes & Noble cafe. Here are the planned dates for the remainder of the year:
Sept. 13, 2 p.m., Bruce Abernethy and Barb Campbell, City Hall
Sept 14, 5:30 p.m., Justin Livingston and Nathan Boddie, east Bend
October 11, 2 p.m. Bill Moseley and Sally Russell, City Hall
October 12, 5:30 p.m., Bruce Abernethy and Barb Campbell, east Bend
Nov. 8, 2 p.m., Justin Livingston and Nathan Boddie, City Hall
Nov. 9, 5:30 p.m., Bill Moseley and Sally Russell, east Bend
Further details can be found at: http://www.bendoregon.gov/government/city-council/councilor-office-hours
City of Bend Updates:
Weekly Road and Traffic Report
For the week of:
September 11 – 16
- 2017 City Street preservation work, road closures with detours at night, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.:
- Bond Street and Wilson Avenue roundabout, road closure with detour, 9/10/17 – 9/11/17
- Industrial Way between Colorado Avenue and Bond Street, road closure with detour, 9/12/17 – 9/13/17
- Division Street between 3rd Street and Reed Market Road, road closure with detour, 9/12/17
- Empire Avenue between High Desert Lane and Lower Meadow Drive for utilities installation, single lane closures with flagging, 9/12/17, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
27th Street Sewer Line traffic updates:
- Single lane closures will be in place on 27th Street between Forum Drive and Neff Road to allow for landscape installation. All turn movements at intersections will remain open.
- Work continues in the 27th Street/Bear Creek Road intersection. Beginning Friday, turn movements will be restricted to right in and right out only. Additionally, East-West travel will not be allowed. This will require some out of direction travel. Stay tuned as traffic control will change in this area.
- 27th Street is closed to northbound through traffic between Ferguson Road and Bear Creek road, 24 hours a day (However, local traffic can travel northbound between Capella Place and Bear Creek Road and between Ferguson Road and Stevens Road.) The northbound detour is as follows: Northbound 27th Street traffic is directed West on Ferguson Road to 15th Street, then North on 15th Street to Hwy 20 and East on Hwy 20, back to 27th Street
- CLOSURE CONTINUES – Reed Market Road is closed to all traffic, between 27th Street and Camelot Place/Daly Estates Drive (including the Camelot/Daly Estates intersection). This closure restricts access to the easterly most section of Reed Market Road only. Reed Market Road will remain open between 15th Street and Camelot Place/Daly Estates Drive. Detours are on Ferguson Road to 15thStreet. Southbound traffic on 27th Street remains open; northbound traffic is closed. This closure is anticipated to be in place until late September.
- Intersection of NW Broadway Street and NW Delaware for waterline replacement project, road closures with detours clearly marked for thru traffic, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily with roads opened nightly. Motorists are encouraged to avoid this area and use Bond Street and Wall Street. Project and detour info: http://www.bendoregon.gov/city-projects/city-infrastructure-projects/broadway-and-riverside-waterline-replacement
- Broadway between Delaware Avenue and Tumalo Avenue, single lane closures with flagging and temporary closures for Cascade Natural Gas main installation and paving, roads open at night, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Butler Market between Third Street and Fourth Street, single lane closures impacting either one lane of eastbound or one lane of westbound traffic at a time, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- Nels Anderson Road between Nels Anderson Place and Brandis Court, single northbound shoulder closure will be in effect, two-way traffic to be maintained. Project completion expected December 2017. Info: www.bendoregon.gov/northsewer
- Yates Drive between Mt. Washington Drive and Chandler Avenue for utility construction and road improvements, road closure, 9/5/17 – 9/19/17.
- 27th Street between Reed Market Road and Ferguson Road for road paving, full road closure with detour, pilot car will assist with local traffic access, 7 p.m. – 7 a.m., 9/25/17 – 9/26/17.
- Intersection of Parrell Road and Brosterhous Road for water valve abandonment, single lane closures with flagging, 9/26/17 – 9/27/17, 7 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- Butler Market between Third Street and Highway 97 exit ramp, closure of multiple lanes impacting both east- and west-bound traffic.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/streets for information about the 2017 Street Preservation and Maintenance Program.
Visit www.bendoregon.gov/bendprojects for an interactive map and information about City of Bend infrastructure projects.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager